Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cybercrop

I was part of my first ever cybercrop last Friday - it was hosted by my upline Jayne. She set the challenges and we had to complete them.. It was a great experience.. This page is from the first challenge Jayne set.. it was a sketch from the SU! website (here's the sketch if you would like to see what it's based on... http://www3.stampinup.com/images/WorkshopWizardintl/30-4579925.jpg )
and here's my take on the sketch....
The backgrounds are created using SU! stamps and the papers are from the Earth Elements colour family. I've embossed the "PASTA" and cut them out with the tag punch (love it!!). Yes I know there is no jouranling.. that's what the big blue sqaure is for... When I get it done I will change the picture. I was pretty happy with this for my first 'cyber' attempt.

The second challenge was to choose a card from the catalogue that uses a set you'd never buy and make the card again using a stamp set you own. We could change the colour scheme if we didn't have the same colours but the layout must be the same. I picked a card from page 88 of the current catalogue to interpret... I didn't have any of the "hardware", so made up my embellisjment from a couple of cut out leaves from the In Full Bloom set.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can't wait for the next team get together..!

1 comment:

fleurie said...

oh wow you did great with the challenges..I only managed to get 1 done