Sunday, July 15, 2007

What a great day!

I spent all day Saturday over at Fleur's place and we were Stampin' Up! all day. For our first project we decided to each bring a challenge, something that neither of us had done before. Fleur had a doozy! It was a Waterfall card~ it was great once we got all the bits sorted out and attached them the right way! But we still have two lonely pieces leftover, I wonder what we missed? Clues anyone?
Here's my version of the waterfall card. When you pull the ribbon at the bottom, the little cards flip up and then down again. It's very pretty and a lot of fun to make and, now that I know how to, I'll be making some more
The second challenge (mine) was a swing card. I'm not too happy with the one that I made, so I will make another to show you later. We also made a few items with stamps from the new Spring Mini Catalogue. They are just great and I can't wait to do some more cards and scrapbook pages with them. I can't show you them just yet. But as soon as I am allowed to, there will be pictures posted here ~ so keep watching!
We also had fun making and decorating our bagalopes. You don't know what a bagalope is? If you have a Stampin' Up! workshop, I'll show you how to make one. All in all it was a great day, with good company, lots of stamping, lovely soup & fresh, homemade bread for lunch and entertainment provided by Lauchie. He's such a lovely chatty fellow, it was lovely listening to him debating the merits of various superheroes, would a cushion house keep out a monster dog and the different colour of the noses of Chip and Dale. All very important stuff!
If you want to see what Fleur made on our stamping day, head over to Fleur's blog - she's very clever!

2 comments:

yvonne said...

wow Michelle, what a great card!

fleurie said...

Hi michelle
ive been so slack in uploading my cards from our get together...
I must get onto it